I completed my Internal Medicine residency training in NYC in 1998 and then pursued a formal two-year post-doctoral fellowship in the field of clinical Infectious Diseases at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Clinical Interests and specializations include:
- General Internal Medicine including office and hospital based internal medicine consultations.
- Chronic Hepatitis C and Hepatitis B
- Infectious Diseases
I am board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and also am a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Past appointments and positions:
- Lecturer, Department of Medicine, Dalhousie University NS
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Memorial University, NF
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
- Consultant Physician in Internal Medicine, Sound Inpatient Physicians, Tacoma, WA
- Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine (1998)
- Maintenance of Certification Program, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Sub-specialty certification in Infectious Diseases, American Board of Internal Medicine
The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, answered: “Man…. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”
Dr Anurag Markanday Head, Department of Medicine Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC